...so that through two unalterable factors in which God could not be lying,
we who have fled to him might have a vigorous encouragement to grasp
the hope held out to us. This is the anchor our souls have,
as sure as it is firm, and reaching right through inside the curtain,
where Jesus has entered as a forerunner on our behalf... Hebrews 6:18-20 (NJB)

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Custom Sewing Projects


Letha Fulton's School of Dance
"Annie" Production, June 2011
I would like to share with you all several custom sewing projects I have worked on.

Most recently, in June 2011, I was contacted by Letha Fulton's School of Dance to make seventeen young girls aprons for an 'Annie' Production.

I was thrilled to have the opportunity, as productions of many kinds, esp. historical, interest me very much. The sizes of the aprons and the girls' names soon arrived in the mail, and I set to work.

I was pleasantly surprised when the photograph arrived, with 14 of the girls, in their 'Annie' attire. 

The above photograph will sit on my desk as a beautiful reminder to always persevere and...
"Whatever you are...Be a good one" ~Abraham Lincoln

Additionally, in 2009-2010, I was contracted to make ten Jig and Lilt Scottish Highland Dresses, in addition to underskirts and aprons for Bonnie Toes. Again, I was thrilled to have the opportunity. Not knowing too much about this particular attire, several design inquiries were made and I learned a great deal not only about the attire, but also, designing the attire for 'ease of movement' with the dancing.

In between, other custom sewing projects have been completed, such as:
  • Period correct men's attire for a 'Lewis & Clark' expedition re-enactment.
  • 'Scrub Tops' in a particular fabric and design for a nurse.
  • Custom-made attire for a young boy with a disability.
  • Custom-made head coverings. 
I appreciate each and every opportunity to use my skills to 'make a difference' in other lives, in a very happy way too! And I am so thankful to be able to use these skills as my vocation...a true blessing.

Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy. Act in me, O Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be holy. Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit, that I love but what is holy. Strengthen me, O Holy Spirit, to defend all that is holy. Guard me, then, O Holy Spirit, that I always may be holy. Amen.
~St. Augustine's Prayer to the Holy Spirit

No comments:

Post a Comment