...so that through two unalterable factors in which God could not be lying,
we who have fled to him might have a vigorous encouragement to grasp
the hope held out to us. This is the anchor our souls have,
as sure as it is firm, and reaching right through inside the curtain,
where Jesus has entered as a forerunner on our behalf... Hebrews 6:18-20 (NJB)

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Summer-2012 & European Theatrical Production

The Summer of 2012 is soon to be over. Finally...August has arrived! And I have seen more colorful birds hopping around and calling out. When I see that, I know cooler weather is just around the corner. Afer a long, hot Northern Florida summer, I am ready for cooler temperatures.

I wish to share some pictures of a theatrical production in Europe that I was thrilled to make the attire for.

Located in Avignon, France, the  production of 'The Four Seasons Restaurant' was performed by talented performers from Italy.

As I was mailing the box to Europe, a woman behind me in the FedEx line asked questions about the box travelling to France. When I told her it was for 14 beautiful girls to perform at the Festival d'Avignon, she mentioned I should also hop on the plane and enjoy myself for a while. I surely wish I could have!




14 dresses and aprons were ordered in the most beautiful fabrics one has ever seen.
Blue plaid, Olive & Khaki Plaid, Navy Blue, beautiful Powder Blue and Charcoal Grey, and worn with Aprons of various solid colors.


During the last two weeks of making the dresses and aprons, I worked constantly, knowing that the end result of the labor would be beautiful. And as these pictures illustrate, it was.


I named the pictures when I viewed them, and I called this one above 'lying down'.


I will let you imagine a name for this picture, a vivid portrayal of emotions, well done.


'Reaching up to the Stars' was the only phrase I thought of for this lovely picture.

A huge THANK YOU to Societas Raffaelle in Italy for allowing Rachels' Seamstress Services to provide your theatrical attire for this special event. It is so special for a seamstress to see her garments, originating from a big bolt of fabric that was gently cut, sewn and completed with care, worn so lovely in a special theatrical production.

No comments:

Post a Comment